Sunday, October 5, 2008

My first trip to USA

I dont think it as unwise to make comparisons , but like most women from India i also came here to the US post marriage.I have completed a year of marriage and i thought let me start blogging :) so here iam.

I met my hubby-to-be just a week before marriage for the first time but in between i guess our mobile bills just shot up. My dad was telling me just the other day that he happened to find a bill of mine and that Thank God , i was still working when i got engaged :) as he would not have been able to pay my bills :)

I got married on Sep 16 , 2007 and coincidentally we share
the same wedding day as my parents. Coincidence also that
my parents also got married on a Sunday in 1979 :) and i hope
that i share similiar long years of married life as my parents do.

I left India on Oct5 , 2007 and shud have reached here at noon on Oct 6 ( US time) but Mother Nature played a different role and we were stuck out in Malaysia for 24 hours so my very first trip to the US began with a 1 day delay and i finally did arrive late night on Oct 7 ( Thk God !!!!!!!!!!!!)

Its been a year to date for me since i left home and i have been here in California for the past 1 year.

This is my first post and let me continue with my trips in the US in my later posts.

Till then cya all :)

7 comments:

Dibs said...

Hello. Welcome to the world of blogging! Sometimes delays on international travel are fun ...you get a glimpse of yet another country! :-) Look forward to see your posts.

Roshni said...

Welcome to the US and welcome to blogging! Welcome to your previous world overturned (sorry, just had to get that off my chest when I read your post about coming here from the sheltered life in India!!)

Nive said...

Hey Thx Dibs and s we did have a gud time in Malaysia , thx to the delay :)

Roshni , thx but i dont come for a sheltered life :) This is my first trip to the USofA but i have travelled extensively in Europe :)And USA is lots different from Europe :)

Roshni said...

Hey! Maybe I should clarify! I did not mean to sound condescending when I said 'sheltered life'! Hell, I led a sheltered life in India where other people did all the household work and there were so many relatives and friends to interact with! Here.... well, you know what I mean!

Nive said...

Hey , no probs , i did not take it wrong , i just thought u assumed i led a very sheltered life :).... no probs at all.

raaji said...

Hello....Welcome to US.Hope u are having a great time here......Both of you look good together.....To be honest you are quite a charismatic person.Belated anniversary wishes....

Dolly said...

hallooooooooo vanakam...welcome to USA..saw ur wedding pic..belated happy anniversary too.u look very pretty..Huggy and a kiss